A discussion on responsive Sass strategy and how to solve the common problem of numerous grids needing varying numbers of columns across many breakpoints. Can we accomplish this with one mixin?
Latest from our Blog
Welcome to the CHROMATIC blog. We discuss topics related to Drupal web development, responsive web design, web strategy, small business, and last but not least, our company and projects.
If you work with Drupal long enough, cron will hang and fail on you. It has failed us all. This may not always be a big deal, but it becomes a real issue when your web application or Drupal site has cron-dependent processes, actions, triggers, etc. We whipped up a clever solution to alert us when there's an issue with cron.
A common response when someone asks, "Can Drupal do that?" is almost always a resounding yes. However, when a recent project required that Drupal merge CMS capabilities with Photoshop-like functionality, I began to question if Drupal really was the right solution.
Finding a responsive theme for your next Drupal project isn't difficult, but selecting the right one for the job takes a bit more thought. Surprisingly, we found very little advice when doing so for our latest project, so we decided to do some research.
Over the past year or so, CHROMATIC has worked closely with Applied Motion Products. Applied Motion manufactures and sells precision motion control products. They make motors, drives, and power supplies for various manufacturing processes and have been doing so since 1978.
While blogging is not the answer for all websites, it can greatly benefit the majority of sites and businesses regardless of industry. If your website struggles to have the impact for your business that you would like it to have, take a look at what a blog can do for your website's search engine optimization (SEO).
Social media and social networking present incredible opportunities for bloggers and website owners who want to reach a larger audience. However, many people who have tried social media marketing have invested a considerable amount of time only to experience less-than-stellar results.
As the number of online blogs continue to increase every day, it becomes more difficult to make your blog stand out from the crowd. Many bloggers want to build a strong reputation in their industry, but they just don't know where to start with marketing and promotion.
- "Only 16% of consumer brands have a mobile strategy, so it’s no surprise that only 14% are happy with the results." - Digiday
- "31% of current mobile internet users mostly go online using their phone. That’s 17% of all mobile phone owners." - Pew Internet
- "46% of shoppers reported they exclusively use their mobile device to conduct pre-purchase research for local products and services." - Mobile Path-to-Purchase Study
- "77% of mobile searches take place at home or work, only 17% on-the-go, according to Google." - Google
- "When people use different devices to complete a single task, they want the same content and navigation." - A List Apart
- "Blacks, Hispanics, low-income Americans, high school educated are more likely to be mobile-only users." - Pew Internet
- "55% of mobile phone owners say they use their phone to access the internet." - Pew Internet
- "Google recommends following the industry best practice of using responsive web design to decide the rendering on each device." - Google